Tuesday, February 17, 2015

I FINALLY MADE ANOTHER 8TRACKS MIX (IT ONLY TOOK, WHAT //looks at page — four years? WHAT THE SHIT)

Anyway! It’s called “Better than Prozac,” that’s not a diss but a little inside joke, I love Prozac, it saved my life when I was finally put on it wayyy back in 1995, altho I should’ve been on it for at least six years before that and it wasn’t really the right med for me anyway. Anyway.These are songs that never ever fail to make me really really happy, no matter how wrong everything has gone, like an instant shot of musical crack. I love them and hope you will too.
Sam & Dave, “Hold On I’m Comin’”
When the day comes and you’re down In a river of trouble and about to drown
Jackie Wilson, “(Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher”
Now once, I was downhearted Disappointment was my closest friend
Marvin Gaye, “Got to Give It Up”
I used to go out to parties And stand around
Al Green, “Love and Happiness”
Love’ll make you wanna dance and sing Make you wanna dance
Jimmy Radcliffe, “Long After Tonight Is All Over”
Long after tonight is all over Long after it’s all gone I’ll be yours Come anything that may
Frank Wilson, “Do I Love You (Indeed I Do)”
Whenever I lay me down to sleep I pray the Lord your soul to keep
The Temptations, “I Can’t Get Next to You”
But my life is incomplete and I’m so blue ‘Cause I can’t get next to you
Bill Withers, “Use Me - Live In Studio [1972]”
I said Brother if you only knew you’d wish that you were in my shoes
Sam Cooke, “Chain Gang (Live at the Harlem Square Club, 1963)”
(it’s the sexy-as-hell “ooh, AH! ooh, AH!” that makes this amazing) (and then, “Everybody help me do it!” and it’s like an aural orgy. What a man)
Otis Redding - “I’ve Been Loving You Too Long (live at Monterey)”
(This is one of the great performances of all time. Full stop. The end. This is indeed the love crowd.)