Friday, August 21, 2015

Through this world of toil and snares, If I falter, Lord, who cares?

After all that J-Franz BULLSHIT I needed something to scour my soul clean. I was looking up the lyrics to "Why? (Am I Treated So Bad)", which sounds like the angels getting down and sweetly dirty on a late Saturday night (heard it at a random Spotify suggestion), and that led me to this phenomenal live performance, which led me (that's what I do on UTU, I just click click click around) to THIS, Bessie Griffin singing "Just a Closer Walk with Thee" live at Montreux in1981 with Charles Barnett on piano. Sweet Jesus indeed. The whole thing is incredible but at 3:00 in when she does that wail that somehow turns into a growl and then the praising hymn of "I -- I am weak, oh but Thou art strong, my good Lord! Jesus, Jesus keep me from all wrong...." and it's like going to church and the best party ever and Heaven all at once. Thank you, Kenneth Morris. Thank you, Bessie Griffin. And thank you, piotrgibus on YouTube, whoever you are, for uploading that sensational beauty.