Sunday, May 3, 2015

aftermath - c&p'd from elsewhere

OH I FORGOT ABOUT THE GUY WHO SHOWED UP WITH _A RIFLE_

TO THE MAY DAY PROTESTS

BECAUSE HE WANTED TO TEST THE OPEN CARRY LAWS

NO. REALLY. I DON'T KNOW _WHAT_ HE THOUGHT HE WAS DOING. W.T.F.


Also:

Dude! Bro! Dude! We're at the riots!

You guys are so 2001.

At least this poor innocent dumpster was protected.

Look at his patch. You're the one in riot gear, pal.

Maybe they're filming a sixties movie?

This is surprisingly unsettling when it's not on TV.

The media loved Rifle Guy. Nobody else did.

Bagpipes guy was way more popular. Which is really saying something.

The mayor stares sadly at the ugly art. Which is now even more ugly. Good job, anarchists.

(Did everyone love this fucking ugly sculpture but me? It was UGLY! It's not like they fucking punched a baby for Godsakes.)

I wouldn't say the reporters outnumbered the protesters but there were at least a dozen.

That's MY PARK. I go there like every week. Stop pontificating in my park!

Phoenix Jones gives me the pip but anything that cuts down on AoU box office is OK with me.

Ditto the giant, ugly, horrible $30M Starbucks Disneyland that replaced a perfectly good indie art supplies store. This place is wildly popular. I loathe it more than beets. (If you know me this is REALLY saying something.)

Apparently they used so many flash-bangs the East Precinct HAD TO SEND OUT FOR MORE. Also the two areas BLOCKED off like they were....IDEFK the White House....were the Cap Hill police precinct and the mayor's tony house up north. T took a picture of how the police precinct was barricaded for like three blocks in all directions.

In closing, there was this classic bit --

MAYOR: I don't know why the protesters didn't go downtown.
COPS: It is our policy to get the protesters away from the tourists and really expensive skyscrapers downtown after the humiliation of WTO.