Friday, July 12, 2013

c&p'd from GoodReads

My bedside books, currently, in a stack that I then rest my glasses on whilst I sleep....hey why don't y'all list your bedside stacks and glasses resters??

I don't have a bedside table and I rest my glasses on the windowsill, altho sometimes my Kindle is on the bureau by the bed. I'll tell you what's piled on my desk right now tho:

FIRST PILE
Seattle Architecture, Maureen R. Elenga (research)
Make Good Art, Neil Gaiman
The Glass of Time, Michael Cox
The Meaning of Night, Michael Cox
Wolf Solent, John Cowper Powys
Charles Dickens in Love
Iris Murdoch: A Life (duplicate copy, can't find first one)
Dopehead, Tim Elhajj (research)
Cemeteries of Seattle (research)
Heroin: Its History, Pharmacolgy, and Treatment, Second Edition Revised and Updated (research)

SECOND PILE
Postcards from the Province of Hyphens, Sonya Taaffe
The Corpus in the Library, Alf mac Lochlainn
Bough Down, Karen Green
One Foot in the Grave, Peter Dickinson
Collected Poems, Sylvia Plath
Red Doc, Anne Carson
The Real Jane Austen, Paula Byrne
With Chatwin, Susannah Clapp  
Magic Mountain (Woods translation, bought for GR group read)
Doctor Faustus (Woods translation, bought for GR group read)
The Raw Shark Texts

Husband's pile on floor, his side of the bed:

Salt Sugar Fat (my rec)
The Ghost Map (my rec)
Viruses, Plagues and History
A Planet of Viruses
The Surprising Design of Market Economies
Merchants of Doubt
The Signal and the Noise
The Tangled Bank: An Introduction to Evolution

&c &c &c