Sunday, July 14, 2013

dear EVERYONE, please stop fucking reblogging this crap

Stay healthy; sickness is a waste of time and money. Smoking or overeating will eventually make you sick. Drinking and drugs interfere with clear perception, which you will need in order to make good work. It may be worth paying for psychotherapy sessions now instead of paying for inpatient treatment next year; see someone in-network.

- Sarah Manguso, "How to Have a Career: Advice to Young Writers"

-- MY GOD, talk about fucking privilege. I FORGOT, AND WENT AND BECAME ALCOHOLIC AND AGORAPHOBIC AND BIPOLAR AND HAVE DEBILITATING RSI! Silly silly me! And I have about three-four other chronic health conditions besides, which, like chronic pancreatitis caused by the alcoholism, are just going to get worse as I get older! And I don't have insurance, so I can't even afford to see a sliding-scale therapist in my neighbourhood, let alone someone in-network. Jesus. What is she, a fucking Republican? "If you want to have a career, don't get sick!"


(also who the fuck even goes to psychotherapy anymore, I don't think that's really covered by any insurance. But hey, "don't get sick, that just wastes your time," great advice, right?)