Monday, July 29, 2013

considering Hoban

Lessee, how much Hoban have I got left -

The Mouse and His Child 
The Lion of Boaz-Jachin and Jachin-Boaz 
Kleinzeit 
Turtle Diary 
Riddley Walker 
Pilgermann 
The Medusa Frequency 
The Moment under The Moment 
A Russell Hoban Omnibus 
Fremder 
Mr. Rinyo-Clacton's Offer 
Angelica's Grotto 
Angelica Lost and Found

Amaryllis Night and Day
The Bat Tattoo
Her Name Was Lola
Come Dance with Me
Linger Awhile
My Tango with Barbara Strozzi

Linger Awhile and Tango don't look that great, but I'm looking forward to Amaryllis and Bat. I thought I knew where Lola and Dance are, but maybe not, ARGH. (In the UK ALL of his books are available for Kindle! BUT NOT HERE.)

Hmmm, I don't have The Carrier Frequency, The Second Mrs Kong, the Riddley Walker play, or Soonchild and The Trokeville Way, altho those don't look that interesting. Also 'One Less Octopus at Paxos' in Granta and his last short story. I wonder if his publisher'll do a new posthumous collection....they should, he was the one who said death would be good for his career, after all.