Monday, September 16, 2013

reading.....Monday, a special edition

What did you just finish reading?
hahaha....reading that Edith Wharton bio

What are you reading now?
reading that Edith Wharton bio

What do you expect to read next?
reading that Edith Wharton bio


.....this thing is EIGHT HUNDRED AND SEVENTY PAGES LONG, I have no idea what possessed me. Jesus. It's really not as good as the gorgeous Woolf bio, either. I've been reading it forever and just passed the halfway mark. WWI. Hoo boy.

(Jilted Edith to sleazy Morton Fullerton: "You write to me like a lover, you treat me like a casual acquaintance!....When one is a lonely-hearted & remembering creature, as I am, it is a misfortune to love too late, & as completely as I have loved you. Everything else grows so ghostly afterward.")