Wednesday, November 13, 2013

I tried to convince the Snot Elves to type up a Readsday post....

....but their little boots kept sticking to the laptop keys. Oh, for a poetic roach or two. So a list of sickbed rereads is all you gon' get.

Guards! Guards!, Terry Pratchett
Feet of Clay, Terry Pratchett
Hogfather, Terry Pratchett
A Study in Scarlet, Arthur Conan Doyle
The Hound of the Baskervilles, Arthur Conan Doyle
Learning to Drive, Katha Pollitt (enjoyed it much more this time)
Stuart: A Life Backwards, Alexander Masters (work of fucking genius)
Heroines, Kate Zambreno (ditto)
 
Next up might be something like Possession or Sunshine, I don't know. Turtle Diary. Seven Gothic Tales. Haunting of Hill House. You get the idea. (Jane Eyre and Little Women are only for rereads when DEATHLY ILL, altho I have to listen to those as audiobooks now since I've read the books so many times my eyes just slide off the pages.)

Then again watching Jeremy Brett's run as Sherlock straight through on Netflix streaming is rapidly becoming very appealing. Then again-again, knocking over a bank so I can spend the rest of my days (surely not to be a great number, since I am DROWNED IN SNOT) wrapped in a Hudson Bay Blanket is also very appealing. You drive the getaway car. Deal?